Update My Name

Legal Name

You can update your legal name completing the Change of Personal Identity Form, which is available online (located under the Records header). In addition to the form, an updated Social Security Card and Driver's License is required as well as at least one of the following: marriage certificate, divorce decree, or legal court document attesting to a legal name change. Your updated name will reflect the legal name as shown on your Social Security Card.

Please note that an update to your legal name will affect your transcript and all administrative/University systems (Banner, Moodle, ULink, Class Roster, and so on).

Preferred/Used/Chosen Name

A preferred/used/chosen name is any name a student chooses to use other than their legal name. Find out more on our dedicated Preferred/Used/Chosen Name webpage. You may update your preferred/used/chosen by completing the Change of Preferred Information Form.


Update My Student Information

Current and former students may request a change of their date of birth, SSN, address, telephone, personal email, and emergency contact information by completing a Change of Contact Information, Personal Identity, or Preferred Information Request Form.

 Please note that your University-issued email address will and must remain your preferred email type.