Late and Retro-Active Withdrawal/Resignation

Late Withdrawal/Resignation

Request to be withdrawn/resigned following the published deadline date through the last day of classes, per the Academic Calendar.

How to request: A request for a late withdrawal/resignation is initiated through your academic dean's office. If approved, your dean’s office will provide you with information to submit an electronic request. Once approved and processed, requested class(es) will be graded with a "W."

Retroactive Withdrawal/Resignation

Request to withdraw/resign from a semester after the semester has ended.

How to request: A request for a retroactive withdrawal/resignation is initiated through your academic dean's office, where you will provide documentation of the extenuating circumstance leading to your request. If the request is approved by your academic dean's office, the dean’s office will provide documentation to the Registrar's Office for processing, resulting in grades of "W.”

Financial Responsibility

If your request to withdraw/resign late/retroactively is approved, you will remain financially accountable for the tuition and fees associated with the courses that were retroactively dropped from your record. 

Contact Information

All retroactive requests are to be sought through your Academic Dean’s Office, see chart below. 


Student Type

Office to Report to
Initiate Resignation

Office Location

Contact Information

Graduate StudentGraduate School

Martin Hal
Room 332

Undergraduate Student

Academic Dean’s Office

**See Below**

Fletcher Hall
Room 205
 Business Administration

Moody Hall
Room 236
 Education & Human Development

Maxim Doucet Hall
Room 105

Madison Hall
Room 106
 Liberal Arts

H.L. Griffin Hall
Room 101
 Nursing & Health Sciences

V.L. Wharton Hall
Room 254

Oliver Hall
Room 201
 University College

DeClouet Hall
Room 104

Non-Degree Seeking

University Connection

Martin Hall
Room 169