You should minor in bioprocess engineering if:
- You are an industrial technology major.
- You enjoy classes in biology, chemistry, and plant science.
- You want a career in biological product manufacturing.
The bioprocess technology minor will teach you biological processing and transformation of feed into useful products. You will learn about manufacturing technologies and chemical processes in your classes.
Prepare for a career in turning microbes and living organisms into useful products, from detergents to health care treatments.
You must be an industrial technology major to earn your minor in bioprocess technology.
In order to complete a minor in bioprocess technology, you will need to take 18 credits hours of relevant courses. Up to 6 hours can be counted toward your industrial technology curriculum.
The College of Engineering offers ten other specialty minors for engineering majors including:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Bioprocess Engineering
- Coastal Engineering
- Computer Science (for Electrical Engineering Majors)
- Environmental Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Renewable Energy
- Technology Commercialization
Each minor requires you to complete a minimum of 18 hours in the specialized area while completing your degree within one of our current engineering and industrial technology programs.