Want to know what it is like to be a Ragin’ Cajun? Are you interested in seeing and experiencing all of the wonderful resources usually reserved for UL Lafayette students?
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette’s Ragin’ Cajun Bridge Program allows students to be enrolled at South Louisiana Community College (SLCC) or Louisiana State University at Eunice (LSUE) with a minimum of six hours, yet still be eligible for benefits typically reserved for full time University students!
Why Join the Bridge Program?
Benefits include your own UL Lafayette ID Card as well as access to Edith Garland Dupré Library, the gym at Bourgeois Hall, computer labs and printing services, the Major & Career Exploration Center, the Academic Success Center, advising, select Ragin’ Cajuns athletic events, group outings and more!
The Ragin’ Cajun Bridge Program will enable SLCC/LSUE students to get familiar with the University while still enrolled at a community college. The program’s intention is to promote success on both campuses. If students follow the plan, they will earn an associate’s degree from SLCC/LSUE and a bachelor’s degree from UL Lafayette!
Once a participant has earned a minimum of 24 college-level credit hours (including college-level English and college-level Math) and a 2.25 overall grade point average, they will be eligible to transfer to the University of Louisiana at Lafayette as a full-time student.
- As part of the program, SLCC/LSUE students will meet with a UL Lafayette academic advisor at least once a semester to ensure they are on the right track to transfer.
Ragin’ Cajun Bridge participants are allowed to apply for on-campus housing, based on availability.
- Housing expenses are to be paid out of pocket by the participants. Unfortunately there is no financial aid available to participants in this program. Call the Housing Department at 337-482-6471 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Enroll
To join the Ragin’ Cajun Bridge Program:
- Download and fill out the application
Email your application and a copy of your course schedule from SLCC/LSUE to email@example.com. Make sure your name, the school's name, courses and semester are listed on your course schedule.
- You can also print and drop off these documents at Foster Hall, Room 112.
- Once you are admitted, you will receive instructions via email on how to pay the $90 Bridge application fee ($70 for summer semester). This fee is due every semester of enrollment.
There is no financial aid through the University available to participants in this program. Participants can qualify for financial aid through their home institutions.
The enrollment period ends two weeks after each semester begins.
Need More Information?
For more information, please contact the Bridge program Coordinator. He will be happy to assist you!
Transfer and Re-Entry Recruitment
University of Louisiana at Lafayette
P.O. Box 41210
Lafayette, LA 70504