Discover what it's like to be a Ragin' Cajun while earning credits at another institution.
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette’s Ragin’ Cajun Bridge Program allows you to be enrolled at South Louisiana Community College (SLCC) or Louisiana State University at Eunice (LSUE) with a minimum of six hours, yet still be eligible for benefits typically reserved for full-time University students.
Why Join the Bridge Program?
Benefits include your own UL Lafayette ID Card as well as access to Edith Garland Dupré Library, the gym at Bourgeois Hall, computer labs and printing services, the Major & Career Exploration Center, the Academic Success Center, advising, select Ragin’ Cajuns athletic events, group outings and more!
The Ragin’ Cajun Bridge Program will enable SLCC/LSUE students to get familiar with the University while still enrolled at a community college. The program’s intention is to promote success on both campuses. If you follow the plan, you will earn an associate’s degree from SLCC/LSUE and a bachelor’s degree from UL Lafayette.
Once you have earned a minimum of 24 college-level credit hours (including college-level English and college-level Math) and a 2.25 overall grade point average, you will be eligible to transfer to the University of Louisiana at Lafayette as a full-time student.
- As part of the program, SLCC/LSUE students will meet with a UL Lafayette academic advisor at least once a semester to ensure you are on the right track to transfer.
- Ragin’ Cajun Bridge participants are allowed to apply for on-campus housing, based on availability.
- Students will have to pay housing expenses are to be paid out of pocket. Unfortunately there is no financial aid available to participants in this program. Contact University Housing with questions.
How to Enroll
To join the Ragin’ Cajun Bridge Program:
- Download and fill out the application.
- Email your application and a copy of your course schedule from SLCC/LSUE to email@example.com. You can also print and drop off these documents at Foster Hall, Room 112.
- Pay the $90 Bridge application fee ($70 for summer semester). This fee is due every semester of enrollment.
Drop off the check in the Student Cashier Center on the first floor in the Student Union or mail to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
University of Louisiana at Lafayette
P.O. Box 41210
Lafayette, LA 70504-1210
There is no financial aid through the University available to participants in this program. Participants can qualify for financial aid through their home institutions.
The enrollment period ends two weeks after the Fall semester begins.