Visiting Student (J-1) Admission Requirements
International students are considered for visiting student (J-1) admission if they:
- Are eligible to return to the most recent institution attended
- Have completed or are eligible to enroll in college-level English and mathematics courses
- Have a cumulative college GPA of 2.25 (excluding developmental/remedial courses)
- If transferring from an institution outside of the United States: Have a minimum PTE score of 50, Minimum TOEFL scores of 70 (internet-based), 523 (paper-based), 195 (computer-based), IELTS score of 6.0, Duolingo 95, or SAT Evidenced-Based Reading & Writing score of 500.
- Submit a Confidential Financial Guarantee (for J-1 students) and supporting bank statement verifying financial support for one or two semesters.
- Complete the J-1 Exchange Visitor Application Packet.
- Provide a letter from their home institution recommending the student to be an exchange student at UL-Lafayette.
- Submit a resume with all relevant work experience and correct mailing address.
If sending required application documents using a courier service, please use the following address for Undergraduate Admissions:
University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment
1311 Johnston Street
Foster Hall Room 112
Lafayette, LA 70503