Twelve of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette’s 896 undergraduate students share a place in history.
The students, who have all maintained 4.0 GPAs, represent the second-highest number of summa cum laude graduates for a Fall Commencement ceremony.
During UL Lafayette’s Fall 2022 Commencement ceremonies Friday and Saturday, a total of 1,214 degrees will be conferred. That number includes 33 doctoral degrees, which is the most in a fall semester in school history, and 285 master’s degrees.
Summa cum laude undergraduates, listed by college, are:
B.I. Moody III College of Business Administration
- Adrienne Sonnier, management
College of Education & Human Development
- Lauren Bainter, kinesiology
College of Engineering
- Lucas Blanchard, electrical engineering
College of Liberal Arts
- Myca Broussard, human development and family science
- Maria DeRoche, strategic communication
- Vanna Do, speech pathology and audiology
- Seth Dupre, psychology
- Lila Mount, sociology
- Ashley Sellers, communicative disorders
Ray P. Authement College of Sciences
- Isaac Kulp, mathematics
- Ruby Shrestha, computer science
- Laurielle Watkins, chemistry
Photo caption: During UL Lafayette’s Fall 2022 Commencement ceremonies, 12 undergraduate students earned 4.0 GPAs, the second-most summa cum laude graduates in a fall semester. (Photo credit: Rachel Rafati / University of Louisiana at Lafayette)