The Services for Students with Disabilities Office at UL Lafayette is once again hosting a Disability Awareness Week starting April 7-11, 2008.
The schedule of events include:
• April 7 – Awaken & Discover Day. Signs depicting different disabilities will be posted across campus.
• April 8 – What's it to ME? A survey of classes on students’ experiences with disabilities will be conducted across campus.
• April 9 – Walking in Our Shoes. Faculty and students will see what its like to have a disability when they take on a disability.
• April 10 – Annual Beacon Club Luncheon & Award Day from noon - 2 p.m., room 126 Conference Center. The Mark Sawyer Award, Distinguished Professor Award, Exceptional Staff Award, Community Compassion Award, and three student scholarships will be given. This event is open to Beacon Club members.
• April 11– Disability and the Law. Attorney Benjamin Burson will discuss his experiences with individuals with disabilities, disability law and legislation.
For more information about Disability Awareness Week, contact the SSD office at 482-5252.