The Shot for $100 Incentive Program rewards students enrolled in a Louisiana college, university, community or technical college, or a private institution for getting vaccinated on campus.
As of Monday, Aug. 16, the first 6,160 students at UL Lafayette to get their first or second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines on campus may receive a $100 bank card.
UL Lafayette’s COVID-19 Testing and Vaccination Clinic is open from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. Mondays through Fridays in the Burke-Hawthorne Hall auditorium, 231 Hebrard Blvd. You can walk in and register on-site.
To participate in the Shot for $100 Incentive Program, you should do the following:
- Receive your first or second dose of a COVID-19 vaccine at the UL Lafayette Testing and Vaccination Clinic.
- After receiving the vaccine, go to the $100 bank card table and show your vaccination card and Cajun Card.
- You will be given an envelope with the bank card in it and a unique 10-digit code. The bank card will not have any money on it until the Louisiana Department of Health confirms your vaccination status. Do not lose your code. It is unique to you, and you must have it to register for the $100 incentive.
- Register for the incentive and activate your card on the Shot for 100 website.
- The $100 will be transferred electronically to your bank card. This process may take 24-72 hours.
Students who will receive their second dose of the vaccine must adhere to the vaccine schedule – 21 days between doses of the Pfizer vaccine and 28 days between doses of the Moderna vaccine. Additionally, if you have a vaccination appointment scheduled with another provider and you want to participate in the incentive program, you should cancel that appointment.
Eligible students will receive $100 only once regardless of whether they receive two doses of the vaccine.
Learn more about the program here. If you have questions about the Shot for $100 program or COVID-19 vaccines, call Louisiana's COVID-19 Vaccine Hotline at 1-855-453-0774.