Materials Institute for Research & Innovation
Our Institute for Materials Research and Innovation fosters interdisciplinary research in advanced and specialized metals, polymers, ceramics, and composite materials.
We strengthen interdisciplinary materials research by involving faculty members from diverse backgrounds and expertise, but with a commonality of interests. The interdisciplinary character of the institute broadens the horizon of faculty and students while keeping them abreast of recent and ongoing developments in science and technology.
Our institute is composed of multiple centers and labs, including:
- Biomedical Engineering and Advanced Materials Lab
- Cajun Artificial Heart Lab
- Center of Environmental Engineering and Protection
- Infrastructure and Transportation Materials Testing Laboratories
- Laboratory for Composite Materials
- Solid Acoustics Lab
- Microscopy Center
- Louisiana Accelerator Center