Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity
Center, Lab or Institute
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette Center for Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity was founded to examine the cascading impact of a major cyber incident on the nation’s critical infrastructure.
The Center for Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity leverages:
- The University’s strength in security of computers and networks in the School of Computing and Informatics
- The security of embedded systems in the Computer Engineering and Electrical Engineering department
- Modeling and analysis of cyber physical systems in the Systems Engineering department
- The availability of fully operational supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems in the Energy Institute of Louisiana
- The expertise in developing public-private partnerships for responding to large-scale disaster in the National Incident Management Systems and Advanced Technologies (NIMSAT)
- The experience in responding to emergencies in Louisiana Business Emergency Operation Center (LABEOC)
- The expertise in risk modeling and insurance in the College of Business
- The strong proficiencies in understanding and modeling human and social behavior embedded in the College of Liberal Arts
Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity website
Center for Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity
The Center for Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity (CCIC) brings together multiple and diverse expertise to help our nation prepare for cyberattacks that may impact the country's critical infrastructure.