Work-Study & Student Jobs

Working can help pay for your education — as well as enrich your studies and beef up your resume by acquiring skills and valuable experience.

National research shows that working part-time while in college will likely improve your overall academic performance and satisfaction. Student employment can also help you land future jobs.

Check with Career Services to find non-Federal Work-Study campus or community jobs.

Federal Work-Study

The Federal Work-Study program provides jobs on or off-campus to eligible undergraduate and graduate students. Students are assigned to a University department or a community service agency for an average of 12 hours per week and paid the federal minimum wage ($7.25/hr).

The first step in determining your eligibility for a work-study is to file the FAFSA.

Once you have accepted your financial aid award in ULink, you can visit Foster Hall Room 221 or call 337-482-6499 for work-study eligibility and availability. If the only federal aid you are receiving is an Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loan, you are not eligible for the Federal Work-Study program.

If you are not eligible for federal work-study, you can still work on campus and in the community.

Departmental Jobs

Some University offices have departmental funds to pay student employees.

Departments that hire through departmental funds include but are not limited to: