The University maintains a U.S. Postal Service “Contract Station” on campus for the convenience of faculty, staff, and students. Mailboxes are available for all students attending UL Lafayette as well as faculty and staff. The Post Office is located in the Student Union, room 158.
Contact us at 337-482-6113.
Hours of Operation
Monday: 7:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. & 12:50 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 7:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. & 12:50 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 7:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. & 12:50 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. & 12:50 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Mailing Services and Proof of Delivery Services
|Express Mail||First Class||Insured|
|Priority Mail||Standard Post||USPS Tracking|
|International Priority**||Certified||Signature Confirmation|
|International Express||Return Receipts*||Flat Rate Packaging|
**International packages must have appropriate Customs Forms attached
*Return Receipts are available with Certified mail and domestic Express mail
- May be purchased by book or individually
- Payment is accepted via cash or check (with proper ID)
- NO credit cards are accepted.
- International stamps are available for purchase
- All international packages must have appropriate Customs Forms completed via usps.com and printed prior to arrival at the campus Post Office
- CASH ONLY
- May be made for amounts $.01 - $1,000.00 (plus applicable fee)
- Post Office Boxes may be rented at any time by currently enrolled students or current Faculty & Staff with ULID.
- There is a $25 per key refundable deposit required for all non-housing rentals.
- Boxes are rented to one individual; ONLY spouses, children, and/or parents may be added.
- At NO time will students be allowed to share boxes or receive C/O mail.
- No mail is delivered to the dorms and other campus housing.
- Housing students who are moving off campus and are not returning to on-campus housing must return key directly to the Post Office.
- Housing students who are returning to campus housing are to keep their key to maintain current P.O. Box address.
Departmental Mail Out
- Mail will be accepted only if accompanied by the Metered Mail Summary form with ALL of the information completed (i.e. Dept. Name, Number of Items to be mailed, account number)
- Please drop off for mail to be metered along with the Metered Mail Summary form to the UL Lafayette Post Office at the Student Union. We ask that a Metered Mail Summary form be sent with ALL mail sent to the post office for processing.
- In an effort to better serve you, we ask that all mail sent out has the correct P.O. Box for your department rather than your physical address and any entity you receive mail from uses the correct P.O. Box on any item sent to your department.
Please use the following to categorize mail sent with the Metered Mail Summary form:
|Max. Weight||Mail Type||Description|
11.5”L x 6.125”H x .25” thick
15”L x 12”H x .75” thick
|70 lbs.||Parcel||Any item that is thicker than measurements for letter or flat.|