She is dean of the College of Nursing and Allied Health Professions and the only Fellow selected this year from Louisiana.
The UL Lafayette Foundation Board of Trustees recently recognized its Distinguished Donors for their support of the University.
A reception was held in the Atchafalaya Ballroom at the Student Union on campus. The yearly ceremony celebrates donors who make commitments of $100,000 or more, and gifts of $50,000 or more.
At the banquet, Dr. Joseph Savoie, University president, thanked donors for their willingness to “transform lives” and “make dreams possible.”
“Because of you, our students’ futures – indeed our collective futures – have no bounds. And neither does the gratitude of the University family.”
John Blohm, Foundation CEO and vice president for University Advancement, said “the overwhelming generosity of donors strengthens the student experience in numerous ways. By funding scholarships, professorships, research, projects and programs we are able to provide financial assistance above and beyond the traditional sources of university funding.
“At a time when unprecedented decreases in state and federal funding have created significant economic challenges for colleges and universities, the support of our donors is extremely important to the University’s continued growth – and we are very grateful for that,” Blohm said.
2019 Distinguished Donors Honorees are:
- Acadiana Educational Endowment
- Joey & Robin Arceneaux
- Ken Ardoin, Haynie Family Foundation, and Dr. E. Joseph Savoie
- Better Options Initiative, Inc.
- Kenneth L. Blanchard, Sr., Edward Pratt, and Tommie Rogers
- Raymond S. & Governor Kathleen B.* Blanco
- The J. Stewart Bonnet Family (Stewart, Marvene, Carol and Jim Bonnet)
- Capital One Bank
- Cardiovascular Institute of the South
- Dianne A. Carlisle in memory of Richard Carlisle
- Dr. Cindy Cobb & Mr. Darrell Cobb, Allure Enhancement Center
- Coypu Foundation
- Ed & Rickey Domingues
- Glen Evans & Kay C. Evans
- Gayle & Tom Benson Charitable Foundation
- Cynthia Baillio Hartgerink
- Marie Florine Hebert*
- Paul & Madlyn Hilliard
- Home Bank, N.A.
- The Huval Family in honor of David S. Huval, Sr.
- Kiwanis Club of Lafayette
- Lafayette Oilman’s Sporting Clays Shoot
- The Lemoine Company
- Lettie Pate Whitehead Foundation Inc.
- Louisiana Department of Insurance
- Sam & Cindy Landers
- Martial F. Billeaud, Sr. Foundation
- Max & Diane Merrick
- Drs. Kam & Mazie Movassaghi
- Keith & Ginger Myers
- Dr. Sarah Neitzel
- James & Jan* O’Neal
- Park Place Surgery Center
- Keith & Daniella Poirrier, Poirrier Group
- Nick & JoAnn Pugh, Pugh Family Foundation
- Family of Dr. Philip W. Rivers
- Stephen Rosenthal and Leslie Jacobs, NOLA Promise Fund, Belltower New Orleans
- Rudick Family and Friends
- Society of Petroleum Engineers Auxiliary
- Phyllis M. Taylor
- Donald “Doc” Voorhies
- Bob Wright
Photo: John Blohm, University of Louisiana at Lafayette Foundation CEO and vice president for University Advancement, recognized UL Lafayette’s Distinguished Donors during a recent reception in their honor. Rachel Rafati / University of Louisiana at Lafayette