The Ragin' Cajun Resiliency Plan Task Force will assess scenarios and create a plan so events can be held on campus safely. Refer back to this website and UL Lafayette's social media platforms for updates.
All campus events in June have been postponed or cancelled.
There will be no Student Organization Expo at Orientation this summer. We are planning to offer an alternative experience that will help to showcase our student organizations.
Changes to Fall Events for Students
All student organizations will complete an amended event registration form in Engage. The student submitting the event registration form for approval will electronically sign a statement stating that they agree to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Limit physical attendance to 50 participants and provide a space large enough to adhere to 6 ft distancing between participants
- Provide hand washing and hand sanitizing products
- Require participants to wear masks or face coverings
- Encourage potential participants or members who are ill or immune-compromised to refrain from attending the event
- Stagger the arrival and departure times of members and guests
- Wipe down tables, chairs, door handles, etc. before and after use
- Provide an alternative for persons who are unable to attend due to personal health and safety risks
- No common source food or drink is permitted
All fundraisers involving food distributed on campus will not be permitted until further notice; student organization-sponsored "give back nights" are allowed per restaurant guidelines.
Get On Board Day
Get On Board Day will still take place this fall.
Events associated with Athletics are uncertain until decisions about game day operations are determined, such as tailgating, Freshmen First Down, Red Run, Homecoming, and pep rallies.
Greek Events & Recruitment
Panhellenic Recruitment: 3 rounds will be done virtually. The last round will be done in person, in smaller groups at the Convention Center, with social distancing in place. Register for Panhellenic Recruitment.
IFC Rush: Large presentations for each fraternity will be done virtually, and the last event will be done in person, in smaller groups, with socially distancing in place.
NPHC: Meet the Greeks will be done virtually.
NPHC Greek Show will have limited ticket sales; seats will be socially distanced, and masks will likely be required. IF we can’t hold the event with social distancing, we will hold it virtually or move the Show to the Spring semester.
MGC Recruitment will be held outdoors in smaller groups.