The University maintains a U.S. Postal Service “Contract Station” on campus for the convenience of faculty, staff, and students. Mailboxes are available for all students attending UL Lafayette as well as faculty and staff. The Post Office is located in the Student Union, room 158.
Contact us at 337-482-6113.
Post Office Box Keys for Students Leaving Campus
If you are moving off campus and are not returning to on campus housing for Summer or Fall 2020 semesters, please return your key directly to the Post Office.
If you are returning to campus housing, please keep your key in order to maintain your current P.O. Box address. If you wish to have your mail forwarded to your home address until returning, please call (337) 482-6113 to put an alternative address on file.
Hours of Operation
The USPS retail stamp counter will be open March 23 from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. but will be closed once the University shifts to telework beginning March 24.
The Post Office will be open every day this week from 7:30-2:00 to sort and distribute incoming mail as well as meter and send University departmental mail. Beginning March 29, the Post Office will be open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:30-2:00 for University incoming and outgoing mail.
The Student Union is still officially open, so you should be able to access your campus mailbox during Union hours. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Post Office at 337-482-6113
Mailing Services and Proof of Delivery Services
|Express Mail||Parcel Post||Insured|
|Priority Mail||Air / Surface||USPS Tracking|
|Global Priority||Certified||Signature Confirmation|
|First Class||Registered||Return Receipts*|
*Return Receipts are available for some of the above.
- Maybe be purchased by book or separately.
- Cash is the preferred form of payment (check w/ proper ID).
- NO credit cards are accepted.
- Post Office Boxes may be rented at any time of year by currently enrolled students or anyone associated with the University with proper ID.
- There is a $25 charge per key which is refundable when keys are returned.
- Boxes are rented one per student; ONLY spouses, children, or parents may be added.
- At NO time will students be allowed to share boxes or receive C/O mail.
- No mail is delivered to the dorms and other campus housing.
- Only mail through the USPS is accepted.
- CASH ONLY
- May be made for amounts $.01 - $1,000.00 (plus applicable fee)
Departmental Mail Out
- Mail will be accepted for processing only if it is accompanied by the Metered Mail Summary form with ALL of the information (i.e. Dept. Name, Number of Items to be mailed and account number) completed.
- Please prepare the Metered Mail Summary form and send it along with the department mail to be dropped off for metering at the UL Lafayette Post Office at the Student Union. We ask that a Metered Mail Summary form be sent with ALL mail orders sent to the post office for processing.
- In an effort to better serve you , we are asking that you please make sure all mail sent out has the correct P.O. Box for your department and that any entity you receive from which you receive mail puts the correct P.O. Box on any item sent to your department.
Some helpful facts on how to categorize mail for the Dept. Post office Charges form:
|Max. Weight||Mail Type||Description|
11.5”L x 6.125”H x .25” thick
15”L x 12”H x .75” thick
|70 lbs.||Parcel||Any item that is thicker than measurements for letter or flat.|