The University maintains a U.S. Postal Service “Contract Station” on campus for the convenience of faculty, staff, and students. Mailboxes are available for all students attending UL Lafayette as well as faculty and staff. The Post Office is located in the Student Union, room 158.
Contact us at 337-482-6113.
Hours of Operation
Monday-Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Closed for lunch 12 - 12:50 p.m.
- Friday: 7:30 a.m. - noon
Mailing Services and Proof of Delivery Services
|Express Mail||Parcel Post||Insured|
|Priority Mail||Air / Surface||USPS Tracking|
|Global Priority||Certified||Signature Confirmation|
|First Class||Registered||Return Receipts*|
*Return Receipts are available for some of the above.
- Maybe be purchased by book or separately.
- Cash is the preferred form of payment (check w/ proper ID).
- NO credit cards are accepted.
- Post Office Boxes may be rented at any time of year by currently enrolled students or anyone associated with the University with proper ID.
- There is a $25 charge per key which is refundable when keys are returned.
- Boxes are rented one per student; ONLY spouses, children, or parents may be added.
- At NO time will students be allowed to share boxes or receive C/O mail.
- No mail is delivered to the dorms and other campus housing.
- Only mail through the USPS is accepted.
- CASH ONLY
- May be made for amounts $.01 - $1,000.00 (plus applicable fee)
Departmental Mail Out
- Mail will be accepted for processing only if it is accompanied by the Metered Mail Summary form with ALL of the information (i.e. Dept. Name, Number of Items to be mailed and account number) completed.
- Please prepare the Metered Mail Summary form and send it along with the department mail to be dropped off for metering at the UL Lafayette Post Office at the Student Union. We ask that a Metered Mail Summary form be sent with ALL mail orders sent to the post office for processing.
- In an effort to better serve you , we are asking that you please make sure all mail sent out has the correct P.O. Box for your department and that any entity you receive from which you receive mail puts the correct P.O. Box on any item sent to your department.
Some helpful facts on how to categorize mail for the Dept. Post office Charges form:
|Max. Weight||Mail Type||Description|
11.5”L x 6.125”H x .25” thick
15”L x 12”H x .75” thick
|70 lbs.||Parcel||Any item that is thicker than measurements for letter or flat.|