This is our time, and we’re determined to make the most of it.
By any measure, the University of Louisiana at Lafayette is thriving. Our freshmen are more prepared for college-level work than ever before. More exceptional students are making UL Lafayette their first university of choice. And we have devoted unprecedented energy and resources to student success.
The payoff so far:
UL Lafayette has one of the highest graduation rates in Louisiana.
Our faculty members are earning national and international recognition. And, they are drawing record amounts of external research monies. In 2012, total research and development expenditures at the University totaled $74.68 million; only one other public university in Louisiana spent more on R&D.
Four student residence halls have been built in the past three years and the expansion and renovation of the Student Union is under way.
The Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns® are poised to lead the Sun Belt Conference in every major sport. And, our alumni can be proud of the fact that their degrees have more value and respect than ever before.
Lifted by the accomplishments of its students, faculty and alumni, the University has pledged to take advantage of every opportunity to achieve greater prominence among public institutions of higher learning.
We're also proud that:
- UL Lafayette is one of the nation's best institutions for undergraduate education, according to the 2015 edition of "The Best 379 Colleges" published by the Princeton Review. Only about 15 percent of America's 2,500 four-year colleges are profiled in the college guide.
- Total enrollment at the University this Fall was 18,796 students, the highest in the school’s history and the largest increase among colleges in the state.
- The University's graduation rate has risen over 49 percent during the last decade.
- UL Lafayette is among the top 10 universities in the United States for its percentage of research and development expenditures funded by business, according to the National Science Foundation.
- UL Lafayette is one of four public Louisiana universities listed among the top 281 national colleges by U.S. News Media Group. It’s included in “U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2014,” an annual guidebook for prospective college students.
- Our MBA program is ranked by The Princeton Review in The Best 294 Business Schools.
- The Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns football team won four consecutive New Orleans Bowls, making us the first team in NCAA history to win same bowl four straight years.
- Our Ragin’ Cajuns softball has had 30 consecutive winning seasons and has a record of classroom excellence as well.
- Our athletes also push themselves to perform at the highest level in the classroom as well. They set a school record by achieving a combined 3.056 grade point average for Fall 2014, led by 32 student-athletes who earned a perfect 4.0 GPA. About 58 percent of UL Lafayette’s 409 student-athletes earned a 3.0 or higher for the fall term. It was the ninth straight semester that Louisiana student-athletes had a combined 2.8 GPA or above.